Meet Dr. Bitonti
Dr. David A. Bitonti, a Maryland oral and maxillofacial surgeon, received his bachelor’s degree from Saint Vincent College, and his dental degree from the University of Pittsburgh, School of Dental Medicine. He completed an Advanced Clinical Program in Exodontia at the Naval Dental Center, Norfolk, VA and his Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery training at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio, Texas.
He is retired from the U.S. Navy with thirty years of service as an oral and maxillofacial surgeon. His final military assignment was spent as the Commanding Officer, Naval Support Activity in Bethesda and Staff Surgeon at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda. He held previous positions as Chairman and Residency Program Associate Director, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the National Naval Medical Center, and he also served as Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Specialty Advisor to the U. S. Navy Surgeon General.
Dr. Bitonti is board certified in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Dental Anesthesiology. He has authored numerous textbook chapters and scientific articles, and is a recognized national lecturer in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Dr. Bitonti is in the process of applying for medical staff privileges at Holy Cross Germantown Hospital.
• Diplomate – American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
• Diplomate – American Dental Board of Anesthesiology
• Fellow – American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
• Fellow – International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
• Fellow – American College of Dentists
• Fellow – American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
• Maryland Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
• Middle Atlantic Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
• Board of Directors – American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
• Board Examiner – American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
• Fellow – International College of Dentists
• Southwest Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
• American Cleft Palate-Cranionfacial Association
• American Dental Education Association
Dr. Bitonti enjoys spending time with his wife, Lisa, son, DJ, and daughter, Alexandra. His other extracurricular interests include sports, fishing, working in the yard, and riding his motorcycle.
If you are interested in finding out more information about Maryland Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon Dr. Bitonti, please contact us today!