Pixel Skin Resurfacing
What is Pixel?
With the use Focused Radiofrequency; microscopic perforations are created to the surface of your skin. The technology leaves the skin surrounding the micro-wound intact. The Focused Radiofrequency goes to work in the deepest layers of your skin. Simultaneously, the healthy tissues promote healing and a return to the natural, radiant appearance of your youth.
What are the benefits?
Pixel is used to treat acne scars, fine lines and wrinkles, age spots, and can help smooth the texture of your skin.
What should I expect during treatment?
During the treatment, shields are worn to protect the eyes. There is a slight stinging sensation with each pulse of light followed by warmth. In order to make the procedure as comfortable as possible, we ask patients to arrive 1 hour prior to each treatment for application of a topical numbing cream.
What should I expect following treatment?
Redness and swelling are expected for 24-36 hours. This is often followed by peeling for 3-7 days, depending on the depth of the treatment.
Post-Op Instructions & Expectations
- Keep the treated area moist with Aquaphor, Vaseline, or CU3
- Face: Hold skin care products for 3 days. May use gentle facial cleanser and sunscreen.
- After RF Pixel treatment: redness, swelling, and burning sensation of the treated area are to be expected. The swelling and redness can last approximately 7-10 days. The burning sensation can last approximately 24 hours.
- Do not take hot shower or bath and do not use a hot tub for 2 days after treatment.
- Apply cool compresses to treated area as needed.
- No exertional exercise for 3 days after treatment. Walking is acceptable.
- Prophylactic oral antiviral agents may be helpful in the prevention of facial Herpes Simples Virus reactivation until full re-epithelialization occurs. You may be prescribed this medication if you are prone to cold sores.